The natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales is a haven for the young, old, and families to explore the great outdoors.
Cottage in the Dales are delighted to be awarded the specialist VisitBritain Welcome Schemes accreditation - 'Families Welcome',
These schemes were developed with expert advice and support from the Countryside Agency and the Youth Hostel Association. They each give families (along with our other accreditations for walkers and cyclists) the confidence that they are booking quality accommodation that meets their particular needs.
We already know from our visitors and the comments left in the guest books that they value the location of our cottages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. West Burton and Newbiggin both give them direct access to a variety of circular walks for both the novice and families with young children to the more challenging heights of the moors straight from the front doors.
Here are details of the full facilities that are specifically provide for families at each of our holiday cottages.
Families - Meeting your Needs
Cottage in the Dales provides the following to meet family needs :
- For babies - a highchair, travel cot (without linen) and stairgate, plastic cutlery & crockery
- For those wet days - a selection of indoor games, books, DVD, videos and music
- For those snowy days - a sledge
- For those windy days - a kite (when was the last time you went kite flying!!)
- For better weather - a selection of outdoor games, a good sized lawned garden to play in, BBQ & tools
- For family outings - lightweight cool bag, picnic equipment and rug, thermos flask
- Family walking guides ‘Walking with Children’ around Wensleydale & Swaledale and strolls around West Burton
- Easy and safe access to swings on the village green (West Burton)
- Friendly village pub that welcomes children and serves food, including a children’s menu
- Swings for both infants and larger children on the village green (West Burton)
- Football goals on the sixth largest village green in the country! (West Burton)
- Full tourist information about attractions that are suitable for all the family eg The Forbidden Corner
- Local services information at hand, just when you need it