We hope that you will have a fabulous holiday staying with us at Cottage in the Dales, whether it is for the first or tenth time The ‘new normal’ may be slightly different than what we are all used to. It is great to be able to get away again, and if we all take responsibility for minimising risk, then we can all enjoy the 'new normal' and hopefully we won’t get locked down again!
What's Changed in the Cottages
Here's a summary of those things that have changed in the cottages to adhere to industry Covidsafe guidelines.
* Our welcome trays will be missing the usual delicious biscuits as they are unwrapped. All the other items such as the famouse Wensleydale cheese truckly & local luxury chocolates will be there, of course.
* All the games have been removed, but are available on request.
* When you use one of the books or leaflets in the cottage, please don't put them back on the bookshelf, but place them in the empty box provided, so that we may remove them at the end of your stay.
* Some ornaments and promotional material such as picture cards & squirrel badge boxes have been removed.
* The number of crockery & glassware have been slightly reduced.
* The remote controls are placed in a plastic bag after sanitising them, all ready for your arrival.
* All Yorkshire Dales promotional material has been removed. But we can provide information on a request basis and always happy to provide our recommendations.
What's New in the Cottages
We are delighted to be able to offer our guests the following new additions to our cottages :
* Your very own bread making machine. A freshly made loaf will be ready for when you arrive if you let us know the expected time of your arrival, otherwise it will be ready for 4pm.
* Farm fresh milk from The Home Farmer. We’ve always provided milk for guests. The Home Farmer is a local Aysgarth farm, that have won awards for their milk, fresh from the cows that morning via a milk vending machine in a converted horse box that tours villages in Wensleydale, dates/times in each cottage. The milk is slightly pasteurised & just so tasty, in a very pretty glass bottle that can be refilled. Be assured it will remind you of doorstep delivered milk from days gone by.
* A Covid Care Kit in a transparent plastic wipeable/washable/sealable bag, for you to use as you wish/need, whilst you are out and about, just in case you have forgotten to bring any with you, with out compliments. Thank you to Kernock Cottages, Cornwall for the idea :
* Alcohol based hand sanitiser
* Anti-Viral Handy Wipes
* Disposable Mask per person
* Disposable Gloves per person
* New seating areas in the gardens of all our cottages for you to enjoy the views across and along the dale.
* Disposable cloths, disinfectants, sanitising hand wash for use throughout your stay at the cottage.
COVID Confidence - More Information
Click on the boxes to find out more to provide you with COVID Confidence.