It's not quite 'business as usual' when we reopen on 4 July 2020. We'd like to advise you of the new measures we have in place to make our cottages safe and legal, whilst still providing a luxurious and relaxing home from home for you to enjoy your holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, whilst still observing social distancing rules of course. These measures will be in place for as long as needed and recommended by HM Government.
Teamwork between us and our guests
There are some changes that we have to do, which are summarised below. But we also need the help of our guests too with a few things, details of which are below. All of these will be communicated to our guests before they arrive. We thank all our guests for helping themselves, our housekeeper and us.
Safety Measures that we are doing
* We are renowned for our cleanliness - nothing short of spotless! The cottages will have a full spring clean as usual. Then the cottages will have a ‘second clean’ with a virucidal sanitiser for all surfaces, especially high touch points such as handles, switches, keys, remote controls and all accessible equipment that has been requested by guests.
* All crockery, glassware, cutlery, pans (even those that are unused in the cupboard) have to go through the dishwasher.
* Not just bedlinen has to be changed, but all mattress & pillow protectors, toppers, duvets & pillows too.
* We are doing a ‘Swap-Out/Swap-In’ strategy, where all bedlinen/duvets/pillows will be removed/replaced each changeover & the mattresses turned over. To save time, all crockery/glassware will be removed/replaced each changeover and all pans/cutlery will go through the dishwasher.
* Some items have been removed to minimise the risk of touch contamination eg games, paper based promotional material, some ornaments & cushions and reducing quantity of some kitchen equipment. Many of these items will be available on a request basis.
* We are unable to provide unwrapped food items. So sorry, but we won’t be able to provide the Wensleydale cheese truckle or the biscuits on the welcome tray. But don’t worry, there are still the gorgeous local luxury chocolates.
* In addition to our luxury White Company toiletries, we are providing Bio-D Lime & Aloe Vera sanitising hand wash in bathrooms and kitchens in each cottage, with our compliments
* Providing disinfecting sprays for you to use in the cottage as you wish.
* Providing you with a Cover Care Kit in a transparent plastic wipeable/washable/sealable bag, for you to use as you wish/need, whilst you are out and about, just in case you have forgotten to bring any with you, with our compliments. Thank you to Kernock Cottages, Cornwall for the idea :
* Alcohol based hand sanitiser
* Anti-Viral Handy Wipes
* Disposable Mask per person
* Disposable Gloves per person
* We are sorry but we won’t be able to continue to offer the lift to (and back) to your favourite pub/restaurant due to social distancing rules.
* The Arrival Pack containing so much useful information to help you plan your holiday will no longer be able to be sent via post, so a smaller version will be sent via email. The new online Arrival Pack will contain the latest information about recommendations of where to go, whilst out and about, highlighting any limitations, open public toilets, including accessible toilets etc. See the latest information by clicking on the 'Out and About Safely' box below.
* Sorry, but we won’t be able to give a guided tour around the cottage when you arrive as we normally do. But we can always do it via mobile phone and we can talk you round the cottage as much as you wish. We will not be entering the cottage at all throughout your stay, unless for emergency purposes.
* Providing emergency information & support if you have any medical requirements, especially if you develop any COVID symptoms. See the help we need from guests below for further guidance.
* As always, we will be available 24 hours for queries, problems and urgencies - via email or mobile.
* As always, a warm Yorkshire Dales welcome awaits, albeit at a social distance.
Safety Measures - The help we need from our guests
As a condition of the government/industry guidelines for us to open, we need the help of our guests, especially on arrival and departure day. We will be sending full details to all our guests before their arrival with the polite request to help us and all our guests.
* Changes to arrival/departure times. We understand these may be inconvenient, but it is really important that you allow us this extra time to ensure your safety. Please help us by observing these times. The arrival time will be 4pm rather than 3pm. Sorry no early arrivals. Departure time will remain at the current 10am, but not any later eg 10.15/10.30.
* Cleaning/Sanitising products. Please do not bring or use bleach or anti-bacterial products in any of the sinks please, otherwise they will upset the balance of how the septic tank works. We provide all the eco-friendly cleaning / disinfecting products in the cottage for you.
* Reading Material. If you use any of the reading material - books, leaflets, etc, please do not put them back in the file or bookcase. Just drop them in the empty box that is provided in the cottage. We will remove them at the end of your stay.
* Departure day - Strip the Beds. We are sorry to have to ask you to strip your beds before leaving and place everything in the bin liners provided & tie a knot in the top of the bag. As 7/10 people who have had the antibody test did not have any symptoms, the Government is advising we have to assume that someone in your party COULD be carrying the virus. The main route for contracting the virus is airborne, and it is considered that removing bedding could make the virus airborne, which is why we have to ask guests to strip the beds themselves & place the items in the bags - even the duvets and pillows. These bags will then be stored for 72 hours and then items washed in preparation for a future changeover.
* Departure day - Empty all Bins. Similarly, please empty ALL bins into the relevant bin liners, tie the tops and put the bin liners into the signed bins in the rubbish/recycling bins in the courtyard outside.
* Departure day - Dishwasher Please put all breakfast things in the dishwasher along with all cutlery/utensils from the drawers & as many pans as possible. Then switch the dishwasher on to a high temperature setting, not just a ‘quick wash’. But do not empty the dishwasher.
* Ill before arrival/after departure. If you are ill in the 2-3 weeks before arrival or after your departure, please have a COVID-19 test and let us know as it has implications on our business, our cottages, our other guests, our housekeeper and us.
* Ill / Emergency / Medical Help during your stay. Emergency information is provided if you have any medical requirements, especially if you develop any COVID symptoms. We hope you have a happy and healthy holiday of course. However, should a member of your party develop symptoms, the Government advice is to return to your primary residence, and self-isolate there for a period of 7 days (14 days for the other group members). Please do let us know if you have any special medical information we need to be aware of in case of an emergency. Also if you do develop symptoms, as the cleaning protocols for the cottages are different.
COVID Confidence - More Information
Click on the boxes to find out more to provide you with COVID Confidence.